Monday, February 04, 2008

A cirques act


Cirque Du Soleil was is in San Diego right now and so Johnnie and I were able to score some cheap student tix to go see them - something I've wanted to do with her ever since I found out that she had never seen a single show in her life.

So how can I best talk about Cirque? As one of the best performances I've seen? Something that tests and reimagines the possible bounds of what the human body can do?

Should I discuss the trapeze acts with the trapeze gear? The chandelier spinning dancers? The dream like costumes and the hauntingly beautiful music? The perfectly timed acrobatics? The incredible feats of stength-to-weight ratioed performers that seem only possible if a master yoga guru or 5.15 climber?

No - all I'll say is "balloon assisted midget bounces".

(image = Aerial hoop performance at Cirque du Soleil's Varekai. Photo was found on Flickr.com and is licensed under Attribution by photographer Leonard Low.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home