Tuesday, March 11, 2008

$1.50 to a gyro

I had lunch with Eitetsu today during my lunch break and a random conversation with him made me laugh. It went like this:

Eitetsu: "How's your gyro?"
Obi: "...."
(Obi's mind: "I think the Euro is doing quite well these days. In fact, I think it's about 1 Euro to $1.50, which sucks when travelling in Europe. Could be good to stock up on their currency though. That or gold. Gold's useful - like when you use it to align the tilt series in electron tomography. Since those are only 10 nm gold particles, a bar of gold would last me a long time if I ever wanted to make my own immunogold for labelling. Speaking of, I should probably get back to work soon. Why is Eitetsu asking me about Europe's financial market? ... Oh... he meant 'gyro' and not 'Euro'. That's funny. They sound the same")
Obi: *chuckle*
Obi: "I thought you said 'Euro' instead of 'gyro'"

And that's what I muse about during my lunch break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home