Thursday, September 04, 2008

Me? Fit?

Had a physical today to check up on why I have such poor cardio. Unfortunately, the tests didn't show anything unusual - quite the opposite, the tests showed that I am apparently fit as a fiddle.

Which was quite a funny thought if you've ever gone on even a walk with me. I run out of breath walking across campus. I struggle to keep up with friends as they go down the block. I want to pass out after the end of a run on a treadmill. I'm so bad at cardio that the senior citizens on walkers shake their fists at me and tell me to get off the sidewalk (ok, maybe not that bad...)

Apparently, my blood pressure is 100 / 60. And lying down, my resting heart rate is 50. Granted, I was doing some light mental relaxation exercises in my head b/c I knew the "turn your head and cough" test by a female doctor was coming up and I was feeling a little anxious about that...

Still, to double check that the chest spasms and shortness of breath isn't caused by anything unusual, xrays were taken and a full battery of blood tests are planned.

Officially, the doctor's told me that I'm quite fit, I have no risk factors in my lifestyle (ignore the climbing part of it), and that I should "continue doing whatever it is I'm doing". Therefore, this has given me license to go sit on my ass for the next few hours and play Guitar Hero while snacking on some fried foods after I'm done posting this entry.

Yes, anyone with dietary restrictions or people who can't lead sedentary lifestyles are allowed to hate me at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home